Friday, August 13, 2010

Pre-order: Isle of Blood

I cannot express in text alone the excitement I have over the upcoming Isle of Blood set.  I put my pre-order in the day it was available and will be anxious until I have it in my mitts.  If you are unfamiliar with it, it is a box set coming out that contains a large number of Skaven and High Elf models that are all brand new sculpts and I must say they are the SEXIEST models GW has put out yet.  Just check out some of these pics!

Click to Zoom
Click to Zoom
Click to Zoom
Click to Zoom


On top of that I play both of these armies, and am currently using a High Elf army in our campaign over in the WFB campaign page.  To add to the murderous frenzy building inside of me GW has been doing a ton of preview articles over the past month showing off just how incredible this box set it.

I AM SO FRICKIN EXCITED!
 Alright now that, I blew off some steam I have to say I am almost equally excited by the rats, which is surprising because I love my HE so much right now.  I would say this is probably due to Sea Guard and Griffon being expensive in points cost that you would never really imagine fielding them.  On the other hand the Skavenin this kit are models you would often field, and they look incredibly sexy.

Check out G Dubbs site here for more info: www.games-workshop.com
You should find the IoB set right on the front page :p

Anyone else this excited?

8 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome. I can't wait here updates once you field these bad boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I'm pretty excited I play both armies too. I'm working on a skaven army right now. I started it back in 2007 but realized just how ugly the old clanrats were and had to abandon it. But the new skaven range, the IoB in particular, is awesome!

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree Erik, the new range and the recent plastics are really exciting for me. I am definitely going to picking up a screaming bell and a doom wheel kit. I also have the old battalion box set and a box of the old gutter runners. I dropped them for Wood Elves due to the look of the models quite a while back.

    Look for updates to the modeling section soon, I will be adding a feature on there for all of my armies and my friends so you can get a close up on all our collection :D

    Do you have somewhere you share some of your model pictures I could check out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a blog that I did in 2007 but I don't think I've updated it in two or three years. My most resent work can be seen here [URL=http://underempire.net/index.php?showtopic=13763&st=45]skaven[/URL] and [URL=http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3113&page=1]chaos dwarfs[/URL]

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry about the messy links above. Anyway it's only the last few posts in the skaven thread that are from this year, my progress with them is kind of slow, and I've painted mainly HE during the spring but I haven't posted any of that online.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool stuff I especially liked the rat ogre over the giant puke bowl thing, was awesome looking. Unfortunately my camera broke so I'll have to wait until Weds to get some use of my friends at my gaming group. Check back in on Thursday or Friday to see some of our works.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should see his army Erik. It looks awesome. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey guys, the new kit is so cool Im' considering painting a SECOND skaven army in one year! I sold the first one already (kinda had to, wife was cranky about the cash I'm spending on Warhammer) but before doing so I made a video of it on youtube.

    You can see the army gallery and link to youtube here if you are curious:

    www.minijunkie.com

    ReplyDelete