Sunday, August 15, 2010

High Elf Release Rumors

There are a number of forums I frequent which run rumor threads, so take all of this with a grain of salt, but they are very interesting.  I thought I would share just how excited I am with the rumors.

High Elf Release Rumors:
  • New all plastic Batalion: Includes 20 Archers, 20 Spears, 1 Bolt Thrower, 1 Chariot
  • All plastic White Lion kit
  • All plastic Phoenix Guard kit
  • All plastic Dragon Princes kit
  • Some additional metal blister packs
When I read about this I litterally got so excited I burst into dance, this was some scary shit too.  My ultra nerdy happy dance probably looks more like a bizarre flailing self defense system, than a dance, but dance I did.



Take this and make it Clockwork Orange violent, and you'll have an idea of what was going on.

After this bout of convulsions my girlfriend asked me what in the hell had me so excited, and I had to ponder, why would it be that big of a deal anyway, they are already existing models.  Well to be honest the current models are UGLY.  Also they are simple pose metals making them very hard to do anything interesting with.  On top of that all plastic kits tend to be a bit cheaper per model cost, and are much easier to assemble.  Finally the IoB set is so sexy, we can only hope these kits match or my god even surpass the asetics of the new models.

Zoom in to see the banana hands these "elves" have.
Now I will say that the current Phoenix guard do actually look good, but newer, sexier, all plastic set really can't go wrong.  On the other hand the current White Lions are nasty!  Their fingers are like fricken sausages, and their weapons have handles like a fricken dinosaur bone, nothing elvish about their weapons really.  Let it be known I am also not a big fan of the elven cone helmets, when they are decorated heavily they can be cool but these ones are retarded.  When they release these in plastics I will be able to remove the heads and replace them with wood elf heads with hair and light helms, as I have done so for my spear units.

So in short, new sexy models coming out, I can't wait, I can't dance, and I can't stand ugly cone hats.

-Zaszz

No comments:

Post a Comment